[wingware-announce] Wing IDE 3.1.1 released
info at wingware.com
Thu May 22 06:53:34 MDT 2008
Wingware has released version 3.1.1 of Wing IDE. This bug fix release is
available for all three product levels of Wing IDE.
This release includes the following:
* Template tool properly supports 2nd+ like-named fields
* Several VI mode improvements
* Replace in selection fixes
* Maintain caret position when auto-strip trailing white space
* Avoid trying to use unsupported Python versions
* About 20 other bug fixes: see the change log for details:
Wing IDE Professional and Wing IDE Personal are commercial software and
require a license to run. A free trial license can be obtained directly from
the product when launched.
Wing IDE Pro 3.1.1 http://wingware.com/downloads/wingide/3.1
Wing IDE Personal 3.1.1 http://wingware.com/downloads/wingide-personal/3.1
Wing IDE 101 3.1.1 http://wingware.com/downloads/wingide-101/3.1
*About Wing IDE*
Wing IDE is an integrated development environment for the Python programming
language. It provides powerful debugging, editing, code intelligence,
testing, and search capabilities that reduce development and debugging
time, cut down on coding errors, and make it easier to understand
and navigate Python code.
Wing IDE is available in three product levels: Wing IDE Professional is
the full-featured Python IDE, Wing IDE Personal offers a reduced feature
set at a low price, and Wing IDE 101 is a free simplified version designed
for teaching entry level programming courses with Python.
System requirements are Windows 2000 or later, OS X 10.3.9 or later for PPC or
Intel (requires X11 Server), or a recent Linux system (either 32 or 64 bit).
Wing IDE 3.1 supports Python versions 2.0.x through 2.5.x.
*New Features in Wing 3.1*
This release adds the following features not found in Wing 3.0.x:
* Support for zip archives
* Support for pkg_resources name spaces and eggs
* Support for doctest and nose style unit tests (*)
* Scan for sys.path changes such as those used in buildout
* How-To and support for Google App Engine
* Inline context appropriate templates/snippets integrated with autocompleter (*)
* Word list driven auto-completion in non-Python files (**)
* Quick navigation to files and symbols by typing a fragment (**)
* Improved support for Stackless Python
* Preference to strip trailing white space on save
* Display gi_running and gi_frame for generators
* Improved code analysis for Python 2.5
* Other minor features and bug fixes not found in Wing 3.0.x
(*)'d items are available in Wing IDE Professional only.
(**)'d items are available in Wing IDE Personal or Professional only.
Please see the change log for a detailed list of changes:
*Purchasing and Upgrading*
Wing 3.1 is a free upgrade for all Wing IDE 3.0 users. Any 2.x license sold
after May 2nd 2006 is free to upgrade; others cost 1/2 the normal price to
Upgrade a 2.x license: https://wingware.com/store/upgrade
Purchase a 3.x license: https://wingware.com/store/purchase
The Wingware Team
Wingware | Python IDE
Advancing Software Development
More information about the product-announce