[wingware-announce] Wing IDE 3.1 beta1 Released
info at wingware.com
Wed Mar 5 09:54:48 MST 2008
We're happy to announce the first beta release of version 3.1 of Wing IDE!
For testing and download information, please see the beta testing page:
Version 3.1 beta 1 introduces a number of new features and includes
bug fixes not found in the 3.0 series, as follows:
* Files within .zip or .egg files can be displayed in the editor
* Support for pkg_resources based namespace packages
* Support for doctest and nose unit test frameworks (**)
* Updated code analysis support for Python 2.5 constructs
* Improved support for tasklets in Stackless Python
* In-line argument entry of code templates/snippets (tab and back tab to
traverse fields; arrow keys to change template indent, Esc to exit data
entry mode) (**)
* Include templates by name in auto-completer (**)
* Simple word list driven auto-completion when working in non-Python files (*)
* Open from Project for quick selection of files from the Project by
typing a fragment (*)
* Find Symbol for quick Goto-Definition for symbols in the current Python
file by typing a fragment (*)
* Show gi_running and gi_frame in Stack Data for generators
* Sort menus and lists using more natural sorting so x2.py comes before x10.py
* Many bug fixes not in Wing 3.0.x
See the change log for details:
(*)'d items are available in Wing IDE Personal or Professional only. (**)'d items
are available in Wing IDE Professional only.
*About Wing IDE*
Wing IDE is an integrated development environment for the Python programming
language. It provides powerful debugging, editing, code intelligence,
testing, and search capabilities that reduce development and debugging
time, cut down on coding errors, and make it easier to understand
and navigate Python code.
Wing IDE is available in three product levels: Wing IDE Professional is
the full-featured Python IDE, Wing IDE Personal offers a reduced feature
set at a low price, and Wing IDE 101 is a free scaled back version designed
for teaching entry level programming courses with Python.
System requirements are Windows 2000 or later, OS X 10.3.9 or later for PPC or
Intel (requires X11 Server), or a recent Linux system (either 32 or 64 bit).
*Purchasing & Upgrading*
Wing IDE Professional & Wing IDE Personal are commercial software and require
a license to run. Wing 3.1 is a free upgrade for all Wing IDE 3.0 users. Any
2.x license sold after May 2nd 2006 is free to upgrade; others cost 1/2 the
normal price to upgrade.
To upgrade a 2.x license or purchase a new 3.x license:
The Wingware Team
Wingware | Python IDE
Advancing Software Development
More information about the product-announce