[wingware-announce] Wing IDE 3.0 released
info at wingware.com
Fri Sep 28 10:52:38 MDT 2007
We're happy to announce the release of Wing IDE 3.0, an advanced
development environment for the Python programming language.
It is available from:
Wing IDE provides powerful debugging, editing, code intelligence,
testing, and search capabilities that reduce development and debugging
time, cut down on coding errors, and make it easier to understand
and navigate Python code.
New features added in Wing 3.0 include:
* Multi-threaded debugger
* Debug value tooltips in editor, debug probe, and interactive shell
* Autocompletion and call tips in debug probe and interactive shell
* Automatically updating project directories
* Testing tool, currently supporting unittest derived tests (*)
* OS Commands tool for executing and interacting with external
* Rewritten indentation analysis and conversion (*)
* Introduction of Wing IDE 101, a free edition for beginning
* Available as a .deb package for Debian and Ubuntu
* Support for Stackless Python
* Support for 64 bit Python on Windows and Linux
(*)'d items are available in Wing IDE Professional only.
The CHANGELOG.txt file in the installation provides additional details.
System requirements are Windows 2000 or later, OS X 10.3.9 or later for
PPC or Intel (requires X11 Server), or a recent Linux system (either 32
or 64 bit).
Purchasing & Upgrading
Wing IDE Professional & Wing IDE Personal are commercial software and
require a license to run. To upgrade a 2.x license or purchase a new
Any 2.x license sold after May 2nd 2006 is free to upgrade; others cost
1/2 the normal price to upgrade.
The Wingware Team
Wingware | Python IDE
Advancing Software Development
More information about the product-announce