[wingware-announce] Wing IDE 3.0 beta3 released
info at wingware.com
Wed Sep 12 09:32:28 MDT 2007
We're happy to announce the release of Wing IDE 3.0 beta 3. It is available from
This release fixes a number of problems found in the previous beta.
The CHANGELOG.txt file in the installation provides details.
The major new features introduced in Wing 3.0 are:
* Multi-threaded debugger
* Debug value tooltips in editor, debug probe, and interactive shell
* Autocompletion in debug probe and interactive shell
* Automatically updating project directories
* Testing tool, currently supporting unittest derived tests (*)
* OS Commands tool for executing and interacting with external commands (*)
* Rewritten indentation analysis and conversion (*)
* Introduction of Wing IDE 101, a free edition for beginning programmers
* Available as a .deb package for Debian and Ubuntu
* Support for Stackless Python
* Support for 64 bit Python on Windows and Linux
(*)'d items are available in Wing IDE Professional only.
System requirements are Windows 2000 or later, OS X 10.3.9 or later for PPC or
Intel (requires X11 Server), or a recent Linux system (either 32 or 64 bit).
The file pattern in the Testing tab of Project Properties will need
to be re-entered if the project was saved with one of the 3.0 alpha
Please report bugs using the Submit Bug Report item in the Help menu or by
emailing support at wingware dot com. This is beta quality software that
installs side-by-side with Wing 2.x or 1.x. We advise you to make frequent
backups of your work when using any pre-release version of Wing IDE.
To upgrade a 2.x license or purchase a new 3.x license:
Any 2.x license sold after May 2nd 2006 is free to upgrade; others cost
1/2 the normal price to upgrade.
If you are not ready to upgrade, feel free to keep using a series of trial
licenses. There will be no limit on the number of trials until 3.0 final is out.
The Wingware Team
Wingware | Python IDE
Advancing Software Development
More information about the product-announce