[wingware-announce] Wing IDE 3.0 beta1 released
info at wingware.com
Mon Jul 30 17:45:52 MDT 2007
We're happy to announce the release of Wing IDE 3.0 beta 1. It is available from
Changes since the previous (alpha) release include:
* Zope WingDBG debugging now uses single thread like it did in Wing 2.x
* Improved speed of indentation tracking
* Multiple test file patterns can be entered for a project
* Drag-n-drop doesn't start until mouse moves
* Block cursor for vi
* Improved display of files with same name in tabs
* Many other bug fixes and some optimizations
The CHANGELOG.txt file in the installation provides additional details.
The major new features introduced in Wing 3.0 are:
* Multi-threaded debugger
* Debug value tooltips in editor, debug probe, and interactive shell
* Autocompletion in debug probe and interactive shell
* Automatically updating project directories
* Testing tool, currently supporting unittest derived tests (*)
* OS Commands tool for executing and interacting with external commands (*)
* Rewritten indentation analysis and conversion
(*)'d items are available in Wing IDE Professional only.
System requirements are Windows 2000 or later, OS X 10.3.9 or later for PPC or
Intel (requires X11 Server), or a recent Linux system (either 32 or 64 bit).
The file pattern in the Testing tab of Project Properties will need
to be re-entered if the project was saved with the prior alpha releases.
Please report bugs using the Submit Bug Report item in the Help menu or by
emailing support at wingware dot com. This is beta quality software that
installs side-by-side with Wing 2.x or 1.x. We advise you to make frequent
backups of your work when using any pre-release version of Wing IDE.
To upgrade a 2.x license or purchase a new 3.x license:
Any 2.x license sold after May 2nd 2006 is free to upgrade; others cost
1/2 normal price to upgrade.
If you are not ready to upgrade, feel free to keep using a series of trial
licenses. There will be no limit on the number of trials until 3.0 final is out.
The Wingware Team
Wingware | Python IDE
Advancing Software Development
More information about the product-announce