[archaeopteryx] Clarification re: OS X and Wing IDE version 1.1.5

Wing IDE Announce info@wingide.com
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 09:58:50 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, Paul Jongsma wrote:
> is MacOS X a platform you are considering porting Wing IDE to?

There is already a beta release available for Mac OS X:

http://wingide.com/psupport/prerelease/osx/osx-beta.html

It does require XDarwin and we recommend using OroborOSX.  We currently
have no plans to port Wing IDE to a native OS X GUI.  Whether or not the
current port is acceptible depends on your tastes.  Some have complained
while others have been purchasing the product in beta form.

Please note that because it's based on the 1.2 sources, the Mac OS X beta
will not be updated in lockstep with the Windows and Linux products until
version 1.2 goes into beta.

For this reason, the latest OS X beta is still version 1.1.4-beta1.

We apologize for any confusion in the interim.

Sincerely,

The Wing IDE Team

Wing IDE for Python                          Archaeopteryx Software, Inc
www.wingide.com                              Take Flight!