[archaeopteryx] Wing IDE version 1.1.1

Stephan R.A. Deibel sdeibel at
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 10:24:47 -0500 (EST)

Wing IDE version 1.1.1 is now available from our website.  This is
a bug fix release:

- Enabled support for running on <=256 color displays on Windows
- Avoid dll conflicts with Gimp for Windows and other potential dll
- Avoid hanging on non-responsive Python executable
- Avoid crashing WXPython and in general keep allocation/deallocation
  patterns under the debugger same as in non-debug environment
- "Fixed" support for Qt by disabling Qt-specific support (which uses
  code that's broken in some versions of PyQt).  See section 6.19.2
  of the manual or for info
  on how to keep a free-running PyQt process responsive to the IDE.
- Fixed hanging in source browser Modules view when Imported filter is on
- Browser filter checkboxes are initialized correctly
- Fixed outdenting ranges of code that contain a blank line

Since these are rare or environment-specific bugs, we recommend upgrading
only if you run into one of these problems.

Please report any additional problems to

The Archaeopteryx Team