Store

 Search:

[archaeopteryx] Wing IDE 1.1 release candidate 1

Stephan R.A. Deibel sdeibel at archaeopteryx.com
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 17:45:20 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

We're pleased to announce a candidate for final release of Wing IDE
version 1.1 for Windows and Linux.  Downloads are available here:

http://wingide.com/download

This release should be free of all but minor bugs for the feature
set documented in the manual.  However, as always, please report
any problems encountered to bugs@wingide.com.  The purpose of this
release candidate is to shake out any additional problems that may
be found in the field before the final release is made -- something
we cannot do without your help!

Highlights of changes
---------------------

Many changes have been made since 1.1b8 was released in October.
These include:

- Support for Windows XP
- Support for Python 2.2
- Debugger supports almost all cases where modules are loaded
  using a partial or relative path name
- Debugger redirects Python stdin correctly for Debug Probe and
  Interactive Shell
- Debugger multiplexes keyboard I/O with the debug network
  connection, so it can respond to the IDE during input(),
  raw_input(), or stdin.read()
- View manager and next/previous view navigation
- Keyboard navigation of source browser and project manager
- Many other improvements and bug fixes

Price Increases Planned
-----------------------

As noted previously, introductory pricing for Wing IDE is scheduled
to end with release 1.1 final.  Please order now to take advantage
of the current low pricing:

http://wingide.com/order

Your purchase includes free upgrades through the 1.x version series.

Help Define Future Development
------------------------------

The new mini-survey on our website gives you a chance to help define
where our future development will head.  Please take a minute to
fill it out:

http://wingide.com/

Or, send suggestions to support@wingide.com.

Thanks so much to our dedicated beta testers and to all those that
have helped to make Wing IDE a better product!

Sincerely,

The Archaeopteryx Team
Take Flight!

Run by Mailman v 2.0b5

Copyright (c) 2000, Archaeopteryx Software, Inc.
Legal Statements