Store

 Search:

[archaeopteryx] Wing IDE version 1.1b8

Stephan R.A. Deibel sdeibel at archaeopteryx.com
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 19:36:07 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

We're pleased to announce release of Wing IDE version 1.1b8!

The most prominent new feature in this release is multi-view source
windows, allowing the creation of fewer source windows to house multiple
source views each.  This feature substantially reduces window clutter and
is now the default unless you set preference gui.one-view-per-window=true.
Use the New group in the File menu and the Windows menu to create new
source windows and switch between source views.

NOTE: Users with existing projects may want to Close All Editors since
projects will continue to open source windows as most recently seen, even
if that means only one view per window.

Other hilights of this release:

- Improved out-of-box debugger behaviour on win32
- Improved folding with several bug fixes
- Fixed crashing on Windows when displaying non-ascii characters
  in project manager or source browser
- Modal dialogs are kept on top
- Many other bug fixes (see CHANGELOG in the release)

To get a trial license:    http://wingide.com/wingide/demo
To download the release:   http://wingide.com/support/downloads

Source code distributions (with purchase only) and updated Zope materials
will be available soon.

Introductory Pricing Will End
-----------------------------

The next release will be a candidate for final release, and will include
only bug fixes and no new features.  If you've been waiting to purchase,
now's the time to take advantage of introductory pricing, which will end
with the release of 1.1 final.

Thanks to all our dedicated beta testers for helping us to improve
the quality of this release!

Sincerely,

The Archaeopteryx Team

Run by Mailman v 2.0b5

Copyright (c) 2000, Archaeopteryx Software, Inc.
Legal Statements