Store

 Search:

[archaeopteryx] Wing IDE version 1.1b7

Stephan R.A. Deibel sdeibel at archaeopteryx.com
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 21:18:57 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

We're pleased to announce release of Wing IDE version 1.1b7 for
Windows and Linux.

Highlights of this release include:

- Structural code folding
- Interactive breakpoint margin
- Improved interactive shell (available also when no debug
  process is active)
- Much improved search manager
- Automatic brace match highlighting
- Bad indent indicators
- Improved auto-wrap feature
- Debugger support for WXPython
- Debugger support for most embedded invocation scenarios
- Automatic support for new minor Python releases
- Many bug fixes
- Significant optimization of startup time and resource usage
- Updated Zope support (coming tomorrow)

A detailed change log, documentation, and the Windows and Linux
binary distributions can be obtained here:

http://wingide.com/support/downloads

This is the first release that makes public our entire
detailed near-term task list, previously held private.
This is found in the file TODO and includes information on
all known bugs and all planned feature enhancements up to
and beyond version 1.1.

This change is reflected on the website, where change log and
bug information are now found only through the version-specific
downloads area.

Introductory Pricing Ends with 1.1
----------------------------------

We would like to take this opportunity to provide advanced
warning of price increases that are planned for the Wing
IDE product line.

Wing IDE 1.1b7 is expected to be the second-to-last beta
release in the 1.1 version series.  After 1.1 final
is released, our current pricing for commercial use
licenses will increase to $149 (Linux) and $179 (Windows).

Act now to reserve your Wing IDE license at the current
low price of $99 (Linux) and $119 (Windows)!  Upgrades
through the 1.x version series are free with your purchase.

Support Program Changes
-----------------------

Concurrent with this release, we have altered our paid support
program by lowering the initial and hourly cost per incident.
The cost of paid support is now $80 per incident plus $80 per
hour after the first hour.

Prepaid priority support packs will also be made available
shortly, at the cost of $495 for 10 hours of support
or $895 for 20 hours, both with unlimited number of
incidents up to the time limit.

Consulting Available
--------------------

We are now also accepting consulting contracts from users
that wish to pay for custom features.  The rates for this
are $80 per hour.  For a free estimate, please contact us at
info@wingide.com.

Thanks so much to all our dedicated beta testers for helping
us to improve the quality of Wing IDE!

We hope you will enjoy this release.

Sincerely,

The Archaeopteryx Team

Run by Mailman v 2.0b5

Copyright (c) 2000, Archaeopteryx Software, Inc.
Legal Statements