Store

 Search:

[archaeopteryx] Wing IDE beta 2

John Ehresman jpe at archaeopteryx.com
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 18:30:55 -0400 (EDT)

I'm happy to announce the 2nd beta release of Wing IDE for Python. This
release fixes many bugs, introduces several new features, and provides
preliminary support for Python 2.0 (beta 1 & 2).  A list of the major
changes can be found at http://www.wingide.com/wingide/changelog.

Highlights include:

* Ability to run under Python 2.0
* Better debugger display of C extension values, including NumPy arrays
* Better support for printing Python source files
* Support for deadkeys on international keyboards
* Additional commenting, auto-wrapping, and brace matching features
* Support for source files with DOS-style \r\n line endings

Wing IDE is an integrated development environment for Python featuring a
powerful source code editor, a fast debugger, and a code browser.  It is
currently available for Intel-based Linux systems and may be obtained,
along with a free 30-day evaluation license, from www.wingide.com.

We hope that you will give Wing a try and look forward to your feedback!

Archaeopteryx Software, Inc.                        Wing IDE for Python
www.archaeopteryx.com                               Take Flight!

Run by Mailman v 2.0b5

Copyright (c) 2000, Archaeopteryx Software, Inc.
Legal Statements